Primary students learn when best using all their senses. I always like to provide a hook for each math lesson. The hook can be a simple two minute video, a short puppet show, a physical object that connects the learner to the lesson and much more. Then, I like to get them moving before they have to sit and do an activity. Counting jumping jacks or hops supports the skill of counting while getting their blood pumping. In kindergarten, it is so important for students to have a strong foundation of numbers in order to prepare them for many life skills and their school future. Here are some fun and cute printables to help guide your students to understanding counting and cardinality.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. All products are HALF off the first 24 hours. ☺
Teachers are gearing up for a great school year! I moved from first grade to kindergarten this year and had to move rooms. Well, after teaching for almost 20 years, let’s just say I had a lot of stuff. I threw out a lot and gave good stuff away to the new teachers. When I arrived to set up my new class, all my items were piled high in the center of the room. I had NO CLUE where to start and just stared at the pile for about 10 minutes. Then, I did a Facebook Live video and got lots of sympathy, which motivated me to make my room into a “Learning Oasis.” I don’t even know why those words came out of my mouth on the video, but they did fly out like a bee attracted to Grandma’s perfume! So, I’m going to show you my before and after photos AND offer you 20% ALL DAY at my Teachers Pay Teachers store on Labor Day, so you can start your school year off right! Thank you for teaching students (even the difficult ones.) You all inspire me to keep making new products. It’s because of all the dedicated teachers out there working hard that our society will expand into a caring community of self-motivated learners. Have a great year!
You can see my Interactive Word Wall under the clock.
Here are some of my items on SALE MONDAY:
Looking for some other stores joining in the Labor Day Sale? Check out these awesome stores on Teachers Pay Teachers. They are all bringing you some significant savings on Monday, September 5th!
1. Shelly Rees at Teachers Pay Teachers
2. Lisa Taylor Teaching the Stars
3. Kelly Avery
4. Teacher’s Brain
5. Teach with Tori
6. Tied 2 Teaching Teaching Resources | Teachers Pay
7. Sandra Naufal Teaching Resources | Teachers Pay Te
8. Rainbow City Learning
9. Get Caught Engineering – STEM for Kids
10. Katie Roltgen Teaching Resources | Teachers Pay Te
11. The Owl Spot
12. Teaching in the Heart of Florida Teaching Resource
13. Creative Curriculum Adaptations-Ginger Joyce Teach
14. Keri Brown Teaching Resources | Teachers Pay Teach
15. Annie Jewell Teaching Resources | TPT